Therapeutic Practitioner – Childrens Healing Team
- Join our iconic not-for-profit organisation
- Drive real change!
- Provide essential support to those who need it most
- Excellent Salary packaging
You’re empathetic, strong and non-judgemental. You’re intuitive. With vast experience in the Mental Health sector, your knowledge base is thorough and far-reaching, especially when it comes to your understanding of the Aboriginal Culture. You know how to apply a strengths-based approach to your work. This innate sense of social justice is a deeply-embedded, fundamental part of who you are.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency. Our Aboriginal Children’s Healing Team is a program within VACCA that comprises a group of Therapeutic Practitioners who work closely with a number of VACCA’s programs providing culturally and trauma informed support, advice, training, assessment and direct intervention to staff, carers, children and families to whom VACCA provides services. Stronger Families is an integrated placement prevention and reunification program designed to provide a coordinated service system response for children and families involved with Child Protection. The target group are children who are at imminent risk of being removed and placed in out-of-home care for the first time, or children who have recently entered out-of-home care for the first time and Child Protection have determined that they could safely return home to their parents’ care if appropriate supports were available to the child and family.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal children and their families and a demonstrated ability to contribute to Aboriginal children’s emotional, physical, psychological and cultural development.
- An ability to respond therapeutically to Aboriginal children’s pain-based behaviors indicating an understanding of the impact of trauma and disrupted attachment on children.
You’ll need a tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Family Therapy or a related discipline. You will need to demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direct service in trauma informed assessment and therapeutic practice with children and young people in out of home care and their families.
In exchange for your hard work, you’ll enjoy working with a team who are dedicated to making a real change in the lives our children.
And there’s nothing more special than that!
Interviews are being conducted beginning of next week so get your applications in asap !
To apply for this job go to: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 3778667.
Applications close 14 October 2017