Opinions of Contributors and advertisers on the AAFT Noticeboard are not necessarily those of AAFT. AAFT makes no representation or warranty that information contained in articles or advertisements is accurate.
Child & Family Counsellor
- Leading Not-For-Profit organisation
- 2 x part-time roles available – Based in Parramatta
- 4 days per week positions
- Salary packaging available
We are seeking two suitably qualified and experienced Child and Family Counsellors for the RAPS Program (Resources for Adolescent and Parents) based in our Parramatta Centre
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for differences and social inclusiveness.
About the role – Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Able to demonstrate practical and conceptual skills in providing family therapy to children, adolescents, and their families
- Be part of a dedicated team who deliver quality services to children, adolescents and/or with families, including some after-hours work
Who we are looking for?
We have two part-time positions available working 4 days per week based in Parramatta. The successful candidate must be available to work after hours and on Saturdays when required. Your qualifications, skills, and experience will include:
- Degree qualified in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Post Graduate qualification and training in Relationship Counselling or equivalent with an understanding of the systemic approach
- Minimum 100 hours of clinically supervised face to face counselling experience with children and/or with families
- Self-management and ability to work within the organisation’s ethical framework; policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
- Efficient administrative skills including the use of information technology and databases for communication, evaluation and data collection
- Capacity to provide quality customer-focused care
How to Apply
There are several non-salary benefits including salary packaging that have been designed to assist in our personal and career growth and wellbeing.
Please apply online ensuring that you provide us with your most recent resume and address the selection criteria. For more information about the role including a copy of the job description and details on how to apply, visit the link below:
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. For full disclosure of our statement please visit our webpage: https://www.relationships.org.au/
This role has no formal closing date, we will review applications as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- $88k + salary packaging
- 8 FTE Senior Position – 12 month fixed term
- Thomastown and Heidelberg Location
Kids First Australia (formally Children’s Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
A new and innovative position has been developed within our Integrated Family Services (IFS) team to provide counselling within a systems framework to children and young people, parents/carers and families. We are seeking a qualified Child and Family Therapist to join our IFS team, and more broadly, our multi-disciplinary service model that provides support and interventions to a diverse range of clients. Many of which have a history of trauma that may be impacting on family functioning and relationships.
The successful candidate will have proven capabilities in the following areas:
- Providing high quality, ethical and professional family therapy services, undertaking systemic psycho-social and risk assessments.
- Formulating integrated therapeutic care plans and providing child, parent/carer, family counselling interventions designed to enhance the relationships of clients, and family well-being and satisfaction.
- Understanding complex and diverse clients and ensure equitable, responsive and quality services.
- Working within an integrated and multi-disciplinary team.
Relevant post-graduate qualification in Family Therapy mandatory. Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or similar field is required. A Working with Children Card, National and International Police Checks and a driver’s licence are also required.
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and outcomes focussed culture, career and professional development, work flexibility, staff wellbeing program, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
Applications must include a Cover letter outlining the position title, a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees and responses addressing the Key Selection Criteria. Further information and position description are available at www.kidsfirstaustraia.org.au
Inquiries and applications to:
Kathy Gatsis, Team Leader – Child and Family Services, Thomastown Centre Ph: 9450 0900. email@example.com