Bower Place (1986) is seeking a full-time AASW Accredited Social Worker to commence in February 2023.
Bower Place is a small service delivery, training, and knowledge development organisation with a significant electronic footprint.
Bower Place has extensive engagement with Dispute Resolution and NDIS Support Coordination. Knowledge of NDIS would be an advantage.
Bower Place partners with TAFESA, engages in training delivery and has an online Knowledge Portal.
The Social Work position is in the Complex Needs Clinic, a clinical teaching facility with a focus on Systemic Practice and Family Therapy with complex major mental health, addictions, family violence, education, child protection, disability, and criminal justice matters.
Bower Place has strong service delivery protocols. The Social Worker will receive intensive daily supervision.
MHSW accreditation is preferred but not essential. Bower Place will supervise an appropriate applicant to MHSW Accreditation, and the successful applicant must undertake the 2-year Bower Place Family Therapy & Systemic Practice Training Programme plus Mediation Training with the Resolution Institute plus complete a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Negotiated hours to fit with Bower Place national and international service delivery, training, & knowledge development requirements
- Social Work Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and AASW Accreditation plus Mental Health Social Worker Accreditation or an agreement to achieve this in 2
- Clearances – DHS Working with Children, Child Safe Environments, Disability and Vulnerable Persons and a current Drivers
- Strong academic record, organisational & planning skills, and an ability to work to clinical and administration timelines and KPI’s
- Cognitive flexibility with some relevant experience and an ability to work constructively with diverse people in the workplace and contribute to training and the generation of knowledge in this
- Strong ICT and other technology skills linked to contemporary service
- Strong verbal and written English language skills is essential and being a fluent speaker and writer in a language other than English would be an
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your application including a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 5pm Monday 9 January 2023