Topic: Politicising my great-grandmother’s postpartum experience
Presenter: Kirsty Oehlers
Date and time: 23 September 2019
Venue: Anglicare WA
Address: 23 Adelaide Terrace East Perth
Cost: AAFT Members $15 /Non-AAFT Members $25
This presentation will explore family therapy and reunification when a mother has been deemed incapable of caring for her child/ren. I will present an autobiographical account of my great-grandmother institutionalised with post-partum psychosis and make connections with present day discourses about non-residential mothers in contested Family Court cases.
Kirsty Oehlers is a social worker and child and family therapist with 20 years’ […]
- Decided to open up subscriptions to the fortnightly Bulletin to non-members.
- updated the flow chart and committee roles.
- had discussion around 2019 40th F/T Conference;
- Administration will be collecting names of Other Member Associations of our members.
- AAFT committee discussed recognition of systemic therapy in Australia
- AAFT committee to consider nominees for the ANZJFT chair position
- Profile – new position on the committee to promote AAFT
Clinical Members are advised that they can identify themselves as […]
- Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation
- A fantastic opportunity to join the existing team of Relationship Educator/Group Facilitator
- Casual employment opportunity based in Penrith
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
An exciting opportunity currently exists to join the Penrith Centre as Relationship Educator.
This successful applicant will have a sound understanding of issues affecting couples, families and children including family safety;