IN-PRACTICE ASSOCIATE EDITOR
ANZJFT is committed to producing a high quality Journal, which is also directly relevant to the busy practicing clinician.
The In-Practice Associate Editor will support the Editor in enhancing and maintaining the practice relevance of the Journal. This will include:
- Developing guidelines for submissions that relate directly to practice
- Possibilities include developing a model for shorter, descriptive and reflective pieces that describe moments in therapy, clinical and ethical situations, and relate them to clinical, theoretical, ethical, or other relevant principles;
- Developing ways for standard articles to improve their practice relevance:
- Possibilities include reviewing guidelines for authors, guidelines for nominating five key points in relation to an article, developing methods for incorporating commentary on the practice relevance of an article, supporting the development of the Journal’s on-line presence in a way that complements the Journal’s relevance.
- Canvassing the needs of the readership and of AAFT in terms of practice relevance; developing ways in which key articles of the Journal might contribute to the clinician’s professional development.
- Supporting ANZJFT in engaging with and addressing the needs of both undergraduate and postgraduate students with an interest in working with families.
THE POSITION REPORTS TO THE EDITOR
- Demonstrated depth of experience in and commitment to the practice of family therapy, preferably with relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Commitment to improving practice aspects of family therapy
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity and commitment to developing the ANZJFT as a high quality family therapy journal.
- Commitment to developing the role of within ANZFT
- Member of AAFT or in the process of becoming a member of AAFT
The position is voluntary. Some funding will be made available for attending conferences.
Interested parties are asked to email a CV and expression of interest, directly addressing the essential criteria to email@example.com by Friday 1st December 2017.