Come and enjoy
- A film and afternoon discussion of a special needs child and complexities of the family system.
- Enjoy the Hellen Keller Story “The Miracle Worker” (2000) DVD
- GUIDED DISCUSSION of the family system in place – & complexity.
- USING PLAYFUL FIGURINES
- Discussion of the courage, resilience, support and awareness needed– ie.the value of therapists, spiritual healers & teachers…
- Discussion of how you might work with complex families to help them thrive
A ‘Quiet Reflection’- on Courage & Resourcefulness
When: Monday 17th Dec
Time: 3.0-6.30pm (2.50 arrive please)
Where: Library, Armagh 226 Kooyong Rd Toorak
Facilitator: Kate Barrett-Lennard
Who Is This For?
It is for therapists, counsellors, social workers, social trainers, carers, psychologists, teachers, and doctors; professionals working with complex families-seeking better client outcomes. It is also for anyone seeking to understand a particular child or even their own parenting –better.The film is a heartfelt and inspiring true story from which so much can be learned to develop your skills in systemic work. Come and take your understanding of family system complexities to another level – in a context of loving, and client-centred regard.
Kate has worked 30 years in individual couple and family counselling and related fields. MA-Family Therapy, B.Sc., B.S.W., AGCManagement, Body Centred Psychotherapist, EAP counsellor & Clinical Supervisor also Student of Metaphysics. She is in private practice in Toorak and Skype with WA and NSW. Her work is deeply insightful and sensitive – empowering people to break old systemic patterns and develop thriving relationships and personal visions. Come and be amazed at how valuable it is to understand a family system when seeking to support a child or individual. All welcome.