This group supervision is for those practitioners who have had family therapy training and wish to continue maintaining their skills and confidence in working with families or for those who are interested in working systemically with a family sensitive lens with their clients.
“Family sensitive practice is the idea of being sensitive to families in a general way for people not necessarily training as family therapists but who are working with families.” (Amaryll Perlesz, Bouverie Centre, Melbourne).
Objectives of Supervision
- To create a confidential, safe and supportive environment.
- To critically reflect on professional practice.
- To enhance quality client services by improving one’s practice, encouraging reflection on attitudes towards clients and their families’ problems by cultivating self-awareness and responsibility for your own clinical practice.
- As Anne is an accredited Clinical Family Therapist Supervisor with AAFT, these hours can contribute to Clinical Membership of AAFT as a Family Therapist.
- Limited Places Available.
- 2 hours monthly on a Saturday morning.
- Sessions will be experiential including case discussion, use of role plays and sculpting techniques to review Supervisees’ work.
- Supervisees’ to consider ‘Live” supervision by inviting clients’ families for a consultation with the Supervisor as co-therpaist and the rest of the group as the reflecting team.
Anne Holloway was previously part of the training team at William Street Family Therapy Centre for many years and has recently provided Supervision and Training to Clinicians’ in various government and non-government agencies including Child and Adolescent Clinics in the Perth Metro Area; Helping Minds and Palmerston Farm (therapeutic Community). Anne currently receives individual mentoring supervision for clinical practice and monthly Supervision for Training and Supervision Programmes. Anne’s qualities as a Supervisor are open, honest, aware of own strengths and challenges, self-reflecting, able to give and receive constructive feedback, empathise, support and challenge where appropriate.
Contact – Anne on 0407 991 495 or Email | email@example.com