**Australia’s Bush Fire Emergency**
The bushfires across our land are having a devastating impact on individuals, families and communities and we know the consequences will be felt for years. This is a time for families and the world they live in to be supported by all of us. Below are a list of contacts that may be useful for our members and the communities they serve.
NSW Rural Fire Services
Country Fire Authority Vic
Rural Fire Brigades Association QLD
Country Fire Services Foundation SA
WA Emergency Services Volunteers’ Hardship Assistance Scheme
Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery
NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service Inc
Need a place to stay for you and your animals? Have a spare bed?
Check on your neighbours, particularly the elderly, disabled or otherwise impaired.
Some resources aimed at helping prepare families and children cope and talk about these type of weather events:
- AACAP’s Disaster Resource Center
- AACAP’s Disaster Liaison Network Resource Library
- Helping Youth after Community Trauma: Tips for Educators
- NCTSN: Secondary Traumatic Stress: A Fact Sheet for Child-Serving Professionals
- SAMHSA Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Traumatic Event: What to Expect in your Personal, Family, Work, and Financial Life
- National Mental Health Commission
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Australian Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Australian Red Cross
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN)
Welcome from the AAFT President
Dear members, colleagues and visitors,
Welcome to the Australian Association of Family Therapy Web Site. We hope you find this site useful and informative. Within this site you will find a range of information about family therapy as well as the latest news and views about AAFT.The online database is most useful if you are looking for a therapist. There are downloadable forms for your use as well as other information regarding membership and supervision.
I hope that you find the information you are seeking. If all else fails, please do not hesitate to contact the AAFT office on (03) 9429 9938 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 4 types of membership available with AAFT. Clinical Membership, Professional membership, General, and Life Membership. Supervisor Accreditation is available to clinical member of 5 years or more.
FIND A THERAPIST
You can Find a Therapist in your area (Australia and New Zealand) by typing in your suburb. You can also select area of specialisation. All therapists in these listings are Clinical Members of AAFT.
A list of organisations offering Accredited Training in family Therapy. Locations in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, Western Australia and Queensland.